Controller of Personal Information
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name, your contact details, your role within your company etc. It may also include information about how you use our website.
When does this policy apply?
When do we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), including when you use our website or interact with us via email.
For additional details see ‘What types of personal information do we collect and retain?’ below.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as companies contracted by us to provide services to you.
What types of personal information do we collect and retain?
When you use our services, you will need to provide us with your personal details.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide for RB Recruit to complete and manage a service you have requested from us. For example your name, address, email, phone number, payment information, and company information.
- Information about the services we have provided to you in the past. For example: details of previous contracts, any issues incurred, and customer feedback.
- Information about your use of our website. For example:
- To help us to personalise your information and improve our website we collect information about your searches and the content you have viewed on our website using cookies and similar technologies, such as the websites you come from, internet banner advertisements and links which appear on our marketing partners’ websites.
- We will use previous web usage data stored within the cookie to personalise and understand you as a customer. This could include any information you have entered on our website.
- We would be able to understand from your data usage that you have visited rbrecruit.co.uk and researched our software and services. We may use this information to contact you to offer more information about such topics.
- Information about your location from your device if you have been browsing on rbrecruit.co.uk. (This is your IP address. An IP address (i.e. Internet Protocol address) is a numeric code that can act as a unique identifier for your computer or other device – this can be turned off from your device). For example, identifying the country from which you are accessing our website which will enables us to provide more relevant content and use an appropriate language.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To fulfil the services you have asked for.
- To meet certain legal and regulatory requirements which apply to RB Recruit Limited.
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing and keep you informed of RB Recruit’s products and services.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For management and administrative purposes.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information?
RB Recruit will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons RB Recruit collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because it is in RB Recruit’s legitimate interests as a business to use your personal information to operate and improve our business.
- Because RB Recruit needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- Because you have consented to RB Recruit using your information for a particular purpose.
If processing of your data is subject to any other laws then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book a service with us we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfill the specific arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Performance of a contract with you
It will be necessary for RB Recruit to use your personal information to complete a contract you have made with us. For example, we will need to use information such as your contact details and payment information to provide you with the product or service you have requested and paid for.
As a commercial product and service provider RB Recruit has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect to offer an effective service and carry out our business.
Compliance with legal obligations
There are situations where RB Recruit is subject to a legal obligation and needs to use your personal information to comply with those obligations.
Alternatively, we may collect and use your personal information where you have given your specific consent to us doing so.
If the basis of our processing your data is consent, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. You can write to RB Recruit at New North Road, Ilford, IG6 3TF, United Kingdom.
However, if you withdraw this consent, in some circumstances, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us.
Requesting a copy of your personal information
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by RB Recruit Limited. There is no fee for this request.
The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address.
- Details of your request.
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
- Name of the case
- Date of the case
You must also provide:
A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
Your signature and the date of the request.
If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Please send your request to:
Data Protection Manager
RB Recruit Limited
New North Road
Ilford, IG6 3TF